Bin Hindi Law Firm’s tax practice focusses on the Middle East region by providing and coordinating advice on cross border tax.
We provide our services to a wide consortium of industries that include financial services, real estate, investment management, oil & gas, construction, infrastructure, telecommunications, media & entertainment, aerospace & defense, technology, healthcare, consumer goods, and energy & utilities.
Our team of highly experienced and qualified lawyers provides advice to,
- Major multinational corporations
- Government entities
- Banks & financial institutions
- Sovereign wealth funds
- Private equity groups
- Investment funds
- Real estate investment houses
- Family offices
- Local, regional & international organizations
- Joint ventures
Our Legal tax consultant will be ready to take any related enquiries
Inbound & Outbound Tax Advice
- Structure the inbound investments and activities of multinational companies flowing into the Middle East region.
- Provide Advice on the implications of local tax; establish tax efficiency and conduct of business operations in the Middle East.
- Coordinate and manage advice for cross border tax advice to large groups based in the Middle East for their global investments across all asset classes and international acquisitions particularly across Europe, Americas, and the Asia Pacific regions.
International Tax Structuring & Planning
- Advice on tax planning techniques like,
- Corporate group structure with Tax optimal
- Holding structures
- Intellectual property planning
- Tax Advice that includes implications of expansion into new territories
- Strategize optimizing the tax for the client’s business model
- Repatriate tax efficient profit from other countries to the jurisdiction of the parent company and withhold the tax mitigation.
- Handle issues that arise from the double tax treaty
- Manage the risks from the foreign permanent establishment.
- Provide advice on global tax developments and obligations that include measured taken under the OECD base erosion & BEPS profit shifting initiative, FATCA & CRS.
Value Added Tax
- Analyzing the implications of VAT on certain transactions and the risks involved.
- Provide advice structuring of the supply chain with VAT efficiency transactions, and also develop strategies for VAT cost reduction.
- Provide advice on obligations arising from VAT compliance and review the VAT returns
Zakat & Corporate Tax
- Provide advice on the relevance of implementing corporate tax or Zakat to the organization.
- Provide advice on the aspects of tax with respect to structured finance transactions, including Islamic Finance.
- Provide advice on the possibility of acquiring special tax incentives or exemptions.
- Provide advice on withholding tax and tax retentions.
Tax Risk Management
- Provide written tax opinion to enable the defense of the client
- Review and draft business contracts, including intercompany agreements, for minimization of tax risks from corporate taxing, transfer pricing, VAT, and from the perspective of tax withheld.
- Perform a health check on the tax to assess the tax profile, compliance status, and tax risks that might arise from the client’s business operations.
- Develop a framework to manage tax risk and also a strategy that needs to be aligned with the objectives of the client’s corporate and business aspects.
- Provide tax training to clients for developing in-house knowledge of tax and also the capability to manage tax risk.
- Identify tax risks by analyzing inter-company transactions.
- Develop a policy for global transfer pricing and business strategy
- Managing a tax-efficient supply chain that includes operating model restructure & minimize transfer-pricing risks.
- Prepare studies on benchmarking for the evaluation of the nature of inter-company transactions.
- Develop global and transfer-pricing documentation for specific countries based on OECD guidelines that would include assistance with master file and creating a country-by-country report in line with MEPS recommendations.
- Negotiate agreements on advance pricing with the tax authorities and assisting a resolution for transfer-pricing disputes.
Mergers & Acquisitions Tax
- Identify any possible tax risks and hidden tax liabilities of due diligence of Purchaser and Vendor tax.
- Structuring of mergers, acquisitions, disposals, reorganizations, joint ventures inbound into the region and internationally making the transactions tax-efficient. Additionally, provide advice on tax-related risks and consequences.
- Plan exit tax
- Insertion of tax into the sale and purchase agreements and negotiate the tax clauses with the other party’s advisors on behalf of the client.
Other Indirect Taxes
- Provide advice on the application of customs duties and procedures relating to it.
- Provide advice and assistance for obtaining customs duties relief, exemptions, and deferral where applicable.
- Analyze applicability of the excise tax to the client’s business and also advise the tax efficiency structure.
- Provide advice and assistance with excise tax compliance obligations.
Tax Ruling, Disputes & Litigation
- Provide assistance for applying to the tax authority for either clarifying or confirming the treatment of a particular transaction or agreement.
- Representation of the client’s organization with the tax authorities n matters of complex tax audits, disputes, investigations.
- Provide support for tax appeals and litigation
- Provide advice to government entities and Tax authorities to develop tax policy, tax reform, the introduction of new taxes, and the implementation of these taxes.
- Draft & advise new tax legislation.
- Advise and train tax authorities in applying tax laws as well as enforce taxes and their collection.